Wednesday, August 4, 2010

Hello World, Behold My Brain


Hello world! I am starting this blog to share my many, many sketches and drawings. Some are from older sketchbooks, some from my current sketchbook. Others may be full, completed pieces, eventually - only time will tell!!!

I am not an artist by profession, though I have been drawing and painting since I was 6. The drawing included in this post is from that time. Just kidding, it is more recent than that.

I woke up one morning with a splitting headache. As the day wore on, I realized the only way I could ease it would be to actually remove my skull and give my brain some fresh air. If any of you have seen Steve Martin's "The Man With Two Brains," you will remember his (now widely used in the medical world) "screw-top" method for cranial surgery. Though I tried many times, ultimately I was not able to unscrew the top of my head to expose my brain. However, after knocking on my forehead with the back of a spoon, my skull bisected like a perfectly cracked egg, and I found the relief I so desperately sought. This is a 100% true story, as proven by the self portrait you see here.

More drawings to follow.

No comments:

Post a Comment